General: Mathematical equations
You can easily insert mathematical equations into your documents. Here's how:
1. Click the Insert drop-down menu and select Equation. The equation editor dialog box appears.
equation editor dialog
2. Select the mathematical symbol you want to add from one of these menus:
* Greek letters
* General operators
* Comparison (and inclusion) operators
* Operators with variables
3. Click the symbol you'd like to include, and add numbers or substitute variables in the editor box. You'll also see a preview of the equation below the text area.
4. Click Insert equation to add the equation to your document.
If you'd like to edit the equation afterwards, simply click the equation within the document and click the edit link.